Saturday, April 11, 2009

Ordered S-T-D's and Logan Is Here...

I picked out the Save-The-Dates today, finally...and got them ordered. Here is what they look like! Obviously, this is the website version and not our actual S-T-D's...


We have been putting off getting some pictures done, so we could choose them for the S-T-D's, because I didn't want to bother Katie with doing them, since she was about to POP with Logan. So, finally, I just decided that I'd get my mom to take a few pictures with a digital camera and also a non-digital camera. I figured that if we took enough of them, we'd surely get a few out of the bunch that we could use. Sure, they aren't as good as they would have been if we had paid extra money to have them done professionally, but I think they are good enough for S-T-D's, anyway. We went to Chop's station and used the ambulance there to take the pictures in (and around). I think it's pretty obvious why we chose an ambulance, but not all of his extended family has met me...and not all of my extended family has met him. By putting our wedding website address on the S-T-D's will help explain it a little bit though, once they read the sections about ourselves, to see that we both work with different ambulance services.

Here are some of my favorite pictures from the ones Mom took:























The very next day, Katie was scheduled to be induced at 5am. She and Seamus went in and were going to call us when she was about 5-6 cm. Next thing I know, it's 11am and he text messages me saying she is at 8.5!!! We rush out the door and he says that he would have let us know sooner, but that she went from about 5-8.5 in the span of an hour!

She is the PERFECT pregnant woman, that's for sure. She only pushed a few times, once it was time, and he was out...and PERFECT. She was smiling the whole time and didn't even break a sweat! Not to mention the fact that she did NOT look 9 months pregnant!

His older brother, Gavin, who just turned 3...was not able to make it. He was on his way to the hospital with Katie's sister and he got sick on the way up. They think he has a stomach virus of some sort, so he's going to have to wait until his new brother comes home before he can see him.

Seamus is Chop's best friend. They might as well be brothers...everybody thinks they are, anyway. They also work together. So, Katie and Chop have always been very close too! When Chop and I started dating, Katie and Seamus were there from the very first date (it was a double date), so they have become some of my very best friends and I love them very much. I love both of their families too...they are all such good people! Anyway, we look at Gavin as a nephew and now we have a new nephew to add to the mix!

Here are a few pictures from his birthday (including one picture from the night before of Gavin and I)...and his measurements:
Logan Joseph O'Neill
Born on April 10, 2009 at 12:56pm
6lbs 4oz
20" long
















Well, I think that's about all the updating I have for now... =D
I hope everyone has a wonderful Easter!!

No comments:

Post a Comment