Sunday, February 8, 2009

THE dress...

I cannot believe it, but...
I found "THE DRESS!"




Well, we went to Dothan yesterday, just try some on to see what styles I liked. I didn't have any intention of finding something today and I didn't think that I would.

I've always heard that when you know, you know.
It's true.

It was the second dress I tried on. Granny had found it and I didn't think I'd like it on because I thought that it was SUPER poofy. Plus, I already had another dress picked out to try on, that had a lot of the same features to it...and it WAS too poofy and way too much dress and it was HEAVY. So, I took that one off and tried on the one that granny saw, to make her happy. I thought it was a pretty dress, hanging up, but I just didn't think I'd like it on ME.

Well, I tried it on and it was GORGEOUS. It fit perfectly with no alterations and granny says that's a good omen. Plus, it made everybody cry when they saw it. I didn't see anybody tearing up or crying, though, because I told them all that I didn't want to see ANY crying because if they started, I would start. So, if they were going to cry, they needed to turn their heads or something. I tried it on with a veil and everything and it was still perfect. It looks like a dress straight out of a fairy tail.

I tried on a few more dresses after that to try on the other necklines and styles...and fits (like straight, mermaid, etc...) and none of them looked as good as this one. They all said when I had it on, that it just looked like my face lit up and you could tell I loved it and that I was comfortable in it. =) So, we put the first payment on it (you only have to pay for half of it before it comes in) and ordered a brand new one and she said it would be here in about 4 months. AHHHH!

I kept saying that I just didn't feel right finding something the very first day I went to try things on, but I got to thinking about it and I just cannot even imagine finding one that would look better. Plus, they said once you know, you know...and once you have that in your mind, nothing else is going to look as good to you as the one you KNOW is it. My cousin, Lindsey (who is also in the wedding), got her wedding dress from the same exact place and that it was the very first day she looked. She said that she also felt like I did and didn't think she would find something the very first day, but that when she tried it on, she knew it was it. She tried on a few more afterward, but said that nothing else compared to it. So, I don't feel like I'm missing out on seeing anything else. It's just that now that I have the dress, I feel like November 14th is going to get here even SLOWER than it already is. Plus, keeping a secret from Chop for that long is going to KILL ME. He is my best friend and I tell him everything, so not being able to tell him about what my dress looks like...is literally torture.

So, anyway...it's gorgeous.
I would describe it or put up a picture, but I'd just rather it be a surprise to everyone. (Leslie, if you read this...you can be the exception if you need to see it for any kind of picture-taking purposes, so that you know what you're working with. I don't know how that works, or if you need to see it beforehand, so if you do, let me know and I'll e-mail it to you. Otherwise, it'll be a surprise for you too).

=D

3 comments:

  1. That was exactly me but when you know you know! I can't wait to see it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so reassuring to know I'm not the only person who felt that way. =)

    I can't wait for everyone to see it, either! =D

    ReplyDelete
  3. AHHHHH! EMAIL ME! :) Not because I "need" to see it but I WANT to see it! The same thing happened to me though. When you know.. you know! Congratulations!!! I promise you will have so much to do between now and November that it will still fly by!

    ReplyDelete