Friday, February 6, 2009

Some random things, since I haven't posted in a while...

It's been a little bit since I posted anything, so I figured I'd play a little catch-up for anybody that actually reads this. =)

I just realized that I never posted a picture of the ring on here for you family that I haven't been able to see yet...so, here it is!



I never did figure out how to get the camera to take a picture that looked like it does in person, so I settled on two pictures that showed the shape and stuff and then below, I was able to get 2 of how sparkly it is. I couldn't get both at the same time.








The other night, Chop and I grilled steaks on his new grill, at his house (Thanks, Mom!). We invited our very close friends, Katie, Seamus, and their son Gavin, over for supper. All three of them are going to be in the wedding. Chop and Seamus are best friends and get mistaken for brothers on a regular basis. We both consider the three of them as family and they have been there with us from our very first date! So, anyway...Gavin is hilarious. He's 2 1/2, so you can only imagine the funny things that he says. Well, while the guys were playing football on the PS3 (typical), I pulled out my computer to let Gav play with the web cam on it. I would put pictures of everyone up, but Katie threatened me with my life if I put any up that had her in them (She's pregnant and I guess she feels fat or something, but she's FAR from it. She's ALL belly)...and most of them are of her because Gavin sure loves his mommy. So, here are a few of them.


He has chocolate in his mouth in this one...and that's what is all over his face in the next two. =)






Right now, I'm working on a slideshow type thing for the rehearsal and the reception. It will be the same one, I just want my very close family and friends to be able to see it first, before anybody else at the reception. My brother, Matt, is going to be the one to put it together, once I pick out the pictures and the music and everything...so, I know it's going to be really good. =) He's also going to be playing a piano piece sometime during the ceremony. I'm just trying to find a good time for everything and also trying to figure out what all I want to be incorporated into the actual wedding.

I also found a website that has save-the-date postcards for a CRAZY good price! I just need to pick out which one I want to use, exactly. Chop said we can just use the same picture that we used for the engagement announcement, but I kind of want one that's more relaxed and more "us" for the save-the-date. One that's not posed in a studio like that one was; taken when we had his family's pictures done. Since my mom is insisting on paying for everything, I don't want her to pay extra just for engagement pictures, in addition to what we are getting done for the actual wedding, so we will probably just get Katie to take some pictures with her really good camera. She is pretty good, actually...she takes pictures of Gavin and her nieces and they have all turned out to look really nice. She doesn't do it professionally, or anything...she just does it for fun.

Ummm...let's see...what else?
Oh! I'm almost done getting the final head count so that we know how many invitations to order and everything. That will be a relief once I get that all typed out. But then, the harder part is going to be getting all of those addresses. Geez, it makes my head hurt just thinking about it.




Oh my gosh, how could I almost forget about this next thing...?!
Tomorrow - me, my mom, my granny, Chop's mom, Tiffany (My cousin and MOH), Lindsey (My "first" bridesmaid), and Erilyn (Lindsey's daughter and one of my beautiful flower girls) are all going to Dothan so that I can start trying on wedding dresses for the first time! Mom and I went and looked at Simply Elegant in Fort Walton, when she had a dentist appointment last week. I didn't try anything on because I wanted other close family to be involved too. I'm going to be trying dresses on, just to get an idea on what I really like (I SERIOUSLY doubt I'd find "the one" this early on...even though they say it needs to be ordered AT LEAST 6 months before the wedding), I'm also going to get Erilyn to try on several little flower girl dresses, and then get Lindsey and Tiffany to try on bridesmaid dresses and different fabrics and necklines. I'm pretty positive that I'm going to be letting all of the girls wear whatever neckline looks best on them, though, since everybody is shaped differently...so, we will see what we can find that offers that option.

Okay, I think that's about it, for now. Sorry this whole post is so choppy. I can usually write better than this because I enjoy that kind of thing (I've kept "journals" most of my life), but when I'm at work there seems to always be so much going on around me that I can't think straight to write things that flow well.

No comments:

Post a Comment