Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Things I learned from the bridal faire...

1) I'm not as "graceful" as these other brides. I don't take everything as seriously, as a lot of the other girls I saw, do. I know what I want and I don't feel the need to look at EVERY. SINGLE. LITTLE. THING. at every single different table, just to make sure I'm not missing something that "I didn't know I wanted, to find out that I actually do want it".

2) Printed out labels. I need them. I want them. I will have them next time. I HATED bending over and filling out my name, address, wedding date, etc at every single vendor table...only to have my bag full of "goodies" fall off my shoulder and jerk my hand down while writing, in the process. GEEEEEZ. You girls that have been to one of these before...and didn't tell me about bringing labels...you're buttholes! LOL

3) I hate that they make you go to every single table to have a paper initialed so that you can be in the grand prize drawing. I understand the concept, but that doesn't mean it's not annoying.

4) All the fuss about pre-registering is bull crap. They made this huge deal about pre-registering and you would get in on a special drawing, just out of the people the pre-registered. It ended up being the very first drawing they drew for. They dumped out hundreds and hundreds of pre-registration papers, strowed them out all over the stage, and then drew one. They drew mine, to my utter and total shock...and guess what I won. A picture frame. It had to have been the smallest, cheapest, thing that anybody could have won at that entire thing. I'm glad I won something, because a lot of people didn't...but, a picture frame??? Really??? Why even bother?


5) Everybody that goes with me to the next one...will be a bride. I saw some of the oldest "brides" with TWO (not one) rings on the left hand, ring finger, than I'd like to think about. A lot of them...won stuff. AWESOME stuff. Such as money off of packages for pictures, wedding gowns, caterers, DJs...you know...the big stuff. The fact that everybody does it...doesn't make it right, but damnit, it would be nice to win something to help me out with costs a little bit! LOL

6) If I walk up to a vendor and truly am interested in what they have to "sell" me...then, I will ask. Otherwise, from now on, I will say that I already have whatever it is they are trying to "sell" me...figured out and that I just need them to sign my paper. I had a man, with HORRIBLE BREATH, talk to me for nearly 15 minutes (in the midst of all of these women being packed into this HOT conference center, running around like chickens with their heads cut off, trying to get their papers signed too) about his videography company and how it compares to others. I DON'T CARE. LET ME JUST GRAB A FEW BROCHURES AND WALK AWAY!

7) I will wear my hair up. It was cold and windy outside, but the people running the thing, forgot to take into account that you have a bunch of hormonal women with hot flashes, running around with their eyes on the prize, trying to get initials so they can get something better than a damn picture frame, when it comes time for the drawings.

8) I will also wear as little clothing as possible...for the same reason as above. LOL

9) The "models" they have for the fashion show are not professionals. The girl that was so nervous that she looked drunk, made that obvious. If it hadn't been for the "flushing" of her chest and arms, I would have continued thinking she was drunk...but, I think she was just very nervous. It was pretty distracting, but also quite funny.

10) The reason for everybody being "brides" the next time we go...is because of this. Every "bride" gets a sheet of paper that they have to get initialed at each table. So, the more papers you have, the more chances you have to win something big. The reason I say this, is that one girl won a 4 night/5 day trip to St Thomas and the Virgin Islands. THEN, while she was still standing up talking to the travel agent at the correct booth...they call her name out for an awesome DJ, all expenses paid. What the hell. Those were the two biggest prizes that were in the drawing and she got them both. Obviously...she had more "brides" with her. So, I will have more with me too! HA! (On a side note...I checked out her ring when I walked by her...and she has a ROCK! She obviously did not need much help in the budget area)





Really, though...I did have fun. There was also a lot of good food and I did get some really good ideas and even found out about some things that I didn't know. I learned from this one and the next one, I think, will be even more fun. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment