Sunday, January 11, 2009

Colors...

Right now I'm trying to figure out what "theme" to go for for the wedding.

The colors I have chosen are a very deep purple (think eggplant), gold/ivory accents, and a deep ruby red.

I found a picture on photobucket of the purple, gold, and ivory together...and then I found a picture on a bridal site that had the eggplant colored BM dresses, with gold shoes, and red flowers. It's really close to the look I'm going for. I was even looking at having different necklines for all the girls, depending on what looks good on them, since everyone is shaped differently.

Here are the pictures:



I think the best way to go with these colors would be a more romantic theme...lots of flowers and elegant looking pieces. I feel like if I do the more simplistic/modern theme, that a lot of people are doing right now, it will sort of clash with the colors I've chosen. Plus, I just tend to think the former looks better, for my style.

Anyway, that's what I'm thinking so far...

4 comments:

  1. Brianna,

    I can't begin to tell you how enormously proud of you I am and what a beautiful and endearing young woman you have become.

    I am so thrilled that you have chosen my daughter Leslie as your wedding photographer. I know she will create the memories of your special day that you'll cherish for a lifetime. You have chosen the best photographer in your area (in my motherly opinion)and I know she will make your special day the most memorable ever.

    I wish you and Joseph a lifetime of happiness!
    Congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. I bought my dream car (a P T Cruiser) and guess what color it is? EGGPLANT! I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much!

    And I'm very sure she will do GREAT!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well.. I love you both! I can only imagine the pictures we are going to get! Also, In case you haven't heard.. southern weddings magazine www.swsmag.com has real bride bloggers. If you are interested in being one you should go to the site! Those woman are awesome!

    ReplyDelete