Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Confirmation...

Well, today, we got confirmation from the preacher that I had when I was a pre-teen and into my early teens. I LOVED him. He was always my favorite. He preaches at a different church now, but we heard back from him that he would be happy to be a part of the wedding. Hopefully, the preacher at my church now, will allow him to do the actual act of marrying us and all...and maybe he could do a reading or some other part of it all. I guess we will work all of that out later.

Our flower guy also said that he is not booked up on the dates that we wanted him for...and we just need to send in our deposit to him. =) He wants me to start cutting out clippings of arrangements I like and colors and types of flowers, so that he can draw from all of them and make it into his own design, and so he will have an idea of what I like. He said he doesn't need to meet with us, though, until about 4 months before the wedding. So, I guess we are done with a lot of the decorating aspect, because he will be doing the ceremony AND the reception. WHOO HOO!

One of my best friends, Rachel, has an aunt (Capri) who is more like a sister to her. Since Rachel and I have been friends for so long, I feel like her family is like my second family. Capri has done a lot of wedding planning and has helped friends out and so I figured she would be perfect to be the wedding director, if I could talk to her and see if she'd be willing. Well, I talked to her the other day and she said she would be more than happy to. So, I am EXTREMELY happy about that. She is a PRO at that kind of thing and I know she will do a good job. =D

I think that's about it for updates today. I need a nap. I worked yesterday and we were up real late on a transfer...

1 comment: